Parking Lot Ministry
"…just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve..." (Matthew 20:28)
Where does worship begin at First Baptist Church Sevierville? Surprisingly, it actually begins in the parking lot. Each and every Sunday, the Parking Lot Ministry Team, made up of dedicated volunteers, has the distinct opportunity to make a positive impression on our worshippers. This is the only ministry team that influences every person who drives onto our campus. To regular attenders or members, they are the first to extend a warm, friendly greeting. To guests, they are a very important first impression of our church.
This ministry is dedicated in memory of Jim Atchley. Jim, a faithful member of FBC Sevierville since 1959, served our church in many different capacities over the years, including organizing, overseeing and working in the Parking Lot Ministry.
The Parking Lot Ministry exists to make FBCS a safer, more convenient place for people to fellowship and visit. In snow, rain, heat or gloom of night, our Parking Lot Attendants are busy completing their appointed tasks. Each Sunday you will find between 10-12 volunteers faithfully serving our congregation. Their responsibilities include:
- Managing the flow of traffic by ushering cars into spaces in a safe and feasible manner
- Protecting the safety of our pedestrians
- Ensuring that handicapped parking areas are only used by people with required stickers or passes
- Providing easy access from the parking lot to the church building, including shuttle service from surrounding areas
- Welcoming people with a warm, friendly greeting
- Being aware of surroundings and reporting any suspicious behavior
- Identifying potential problem areas in the parking lots and informing appropriate church officials
Be sure to thank all the wonderful volunteers who make this ministry successful by dedicating their time each Sunday. To learn more about the Parking Lot ministry and how you can serve, please contact the church office.