Hot Meals for Hungry Hearts Needs You! Here are some of the volunteer needs:
1. Volunteers who will simply sit at the table and talk with our neighbors, listen to them, pray with them and share the gospel with them.
2. Volunteers who will help greet, assist in providing beverages and meals and wait on our visitors to make sure they have everything they need. Also people to put up tables and chairs.
3. Volunteers who can prepare an occasional meal on rare occasions.
4. Adults or youth who are willing to give brief devotionals and prayers prior to the meal.
5. Volunteers for visiting prospects from the meals and serving as mentors to those who attend.
Food donations are also welcome.
History: Hot Meals for Hungry Hearts began in March 2012. Based on a suggestion by FBC member Karen Koerten and her heart-felt desire to teach our youth how to be servant-minded, a partnership was formed with Smoky Mountain Area Rescue Ministries (SMARM). Now, all ages participate in making the ministry a success. Neighbors who come to eat include the homeless, nearly homeless, temporarily unemployed, disabled and others simply needing a meal and a personal connection.
This ministry is built on the truth of Matthew 25:44-46, which says, “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
For more information about this ministry, please call 933-6461 or 453-9001.