The following "Helpful Hints" should assist you in preparing you and your child in attending the Nursery Department. If you have any additional questions that are not addressed below, please call the Church office at (865) 453-9001.
- Feel free to tell the teacher any information you feel important. Bed Babies and Creepers have schedule charts available for you to complete. Make sure to revise these as needed.
- Inform one of the teachers if your child has a special problem such as an allergy, biting, or other special need.
- Please bring plastic, fully prepared, and ready-to-serve bottles and adequate disposable diapers in a diaper bag that is plainly marked with the baby’s name. Do bring extra clothing for children being toilet trained or newly trained. Label your child’s belongings: bottles, pacifiers, clothing, Bible, etc.
- No food other than bottles, or a light snack of juice and crackers or cheerios will be served to children during care in the preschool area, except in sessions when mealtime is a part of the program or when food is used for teaching aids.
- Bring a spill-proof cup with juice or water for your toddler to drink at snack time LABELED WITH HIS OR HER NAME.
- Make sure that your child has not had any of the following symptoms in the 24 hours before arriving to church:
- Fever of 100 (taken orally)
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Acute cold (coughing or sneezing)
- Rash or skin eruptions
- Red or discharging eyes
- Earache or sore throat
- Green or yellow running nose
*Your child should be free of fever for 24 hours after a contagious disease before you bring him/her back to church. Teachers do not give any kind of medications.
- Do make sure to pick up a beeper and a safety card for your child each session. This is our security system. In order to pick up your child, you must return your beeper and his/her card.
- Volunteers stay during the extended sessions. All parents are encouraged to offer their services on a regular basis.